Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hope perches in the Soul

I love the way Pam Carriker paints eggs.  My goal with this canvas board was to paint the "eggs" the way Pam does.  I also wanted to see if I could use acrylic paint to gradiate colors that would look like a sunset.  This is the second canvas I've painted and stamped and added vintage ledger books to. The quote is from Emily Dickenson a very profound poet.  I love the way the printed words show through the eggs.  I took the vintage pages from the book of Les Miserables in French, the ledger pages are from 1918 and the other pages are from the 1930's.  My son, Michael, says, Wait! You can't tear up ledger papers from the 1918's and put them in your art, isn't that wrong?"  And I say, "No, all things have a life of their own, and this is the ledger papers' new journey in the world."  And he says, "Oh, .....Mom, can I have that canvas, it's cool."    So there you go,  I hope you like the "rebirth" of old ledger papers too.


1 comment: