Sunday, February 13, 2011

Birds and Eggs a study





Continuing my Bird & Egg journey.  I just finished these four mini canvas.  I really enjoyed working on these, I used my stash of ledger papers and french novels for the background papers.  Then I sketched, stamped, and drew the images, used golden acrylic paints for the color layering, black pastel for the shadows.  The best thing was I really enjoyed was the "process".  It wasn't about making something someone else likes, or something that will sell.  It's about creating something I like, and I guess if I like it so will others. I think the worst part about creating something is trying to figure out "what will sell?", I hate that.  It puts all this pressure on you, to make the sale, to make the money........ that's not what I'm about.    I want my art to touch people, to speak to their soul and ultimately to heal them somehow.  That's why I do it.  So I hope you like these mini's:  Bird and Egg study

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable!
    Wonderful colors and texture. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty and of course i love the color....because turquoise rules the world....didnt you know?

    ReplyDelete