Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Transcend the Supermarket

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes when I go to the supermarket I get anxious.  I don't know if it's the people,  the prices or the supermarket staff, but sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. 

Well, one yard-sale-saturday I found a huge folio of The Brawley News, from 1953, it's all the daily newspapers for april thru june. It's  really cool, with the old advertisements, new cars for a thousand bucks, jalopy races and such, but when I ran into the supermarket page I felt anxious (weird, huh). 

So I decided to use that market page and place the Buddah smiling serenly in the middle of all the specials! 
I call this hardboard canvas, "Transcend the Supermarket". Now, I look at this right before I go to the market and chant, "rabbits only 22 cents a pound......"


2 comments:

  1. that is an awesome title....poor rabbits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    The supermarket ad, you used as a background for your canvas... creative :]
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete